Bee Happy re opening information from September 2020
Dear Parents and Carers,
Following current government guidance for after school childcare provision, we will be opening Bee Happy from 7th September for families already registered with us who are moving into Year 1 and Year 2. We are unable to take siblings from the Junior School at the moment.
For new reception children, please email enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see below, measures we are putting in place for re opening safely :
- Keeping children within year group bubbles, we will use Bee Happy room for Year 1 and Sunflower room for Year 2 children.
- Where possible, the same members of staff will stay with the same groups.
- Children will be able to use the outside space accessible from each room and alternate use of the nursery garden, weather permitting.
- Frequent hand washing, on arrival and between activities and before and after snacks.
- Snacks and drinks will be prepared by one member of staff and all plates and cups will be washed in the dishwasher after use.
- Each bubble will have it's own play equipment, no soft toys or furnishings will be in use.
- Play equipment and tables/chairs etc will be disinfected after each session in line with cleaning protocols.
- Toilets will be cleaned at the end of each session.
- Parents will be asked to ring the bell and wait outside when picking up their children. A member of staff will bring your child to you and the signing out sheet will also be kept outside.
- If your child displays symptoms of CV19 – a continuous cough or a high temperature - a member of staff will contact you. Your child will be cared for by an adult until you arrive to collect them . You will be asked to arrange a test and to notify the school accordingly.
We look forward to once again offering our after school provision. We will continue to review our safety measures in line with ongoing government guidance and keep you informed.
Bee Happy After School Club
Miss Pauline Abel email@example.com
07999 714100 Ring after 3.00pm or leave a text at any time
Bee Happy After School Club
We offer a secure, fun and caring after school childcare environment for children who attend Queen's Park Infant Academy and their siblings from Queen's Park Academy, if required.
The club is open from the end of the school day until 5.30pm Term time only.
If you are unable to collect by 5.30pm, please contact Pauline on 07999 714100.
A charge of £10 will be added to your account for persistent late collection from 5.35pm onwards. Please talk to Pauline if you foresee any problems with collection time.
- Children are collected from their classrooms and brought to the club by Bee Happy After School Assistants.
- Siblings from QPA are collected similarly
- If the children attend a sports/dance club, staff will collect after the club
We have a large room at the east end of the school where we have access to an outdoor area, the nursery garden and toilets. We also have use of the drama room if needed due to wet weather.
- Arts and Crafts
- Outdoor play
- Board games and dressing up
- Gardening and nature watch
We provide a snack and a soft drink.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or send a text to 07999 714100.
The club is run by QPIA staff within QPIA policies and Pauline Abel is the Manager.
There is a trained first aider and a designated safeguarding lead (DSL) on site daily. The DSL is Pauline Abel.
Children can be collected at any point during the session by ringing the dedicated bell at the East End door.
There is no registration fee.
Daily sessions 3.10pm to 5.30pm or part thereof cost £8.00, including a snack and a drink.
Cancellations within a two week period of booking will still be charged although we can swap booked days if an alternative day is available within a two week period.
Payment must be made within 7 days of the beginning of each half term in order to continue having a space in Bee Happy. You will be able to view your current balance and pay for sessions via the Scopay system after you have registered with them.
We are registered for childcare vouchers, please view details on QPIA school website.
A registration form needs to be completed before your child can attend Bee Happy.
Please download and print the form from QPIA website and hand to the school office.
We use Scopay for bookings and payments and once registered, you will be given an online access letter which explains how to make bookings and view your balance.
Bookings within two weeks of current date cannot be booked online. In these instances, please contact Pauline at Bee Happy and she will process the booking for you if a space is available.
We ask for at least 24 hours’ notice for bookings where possible but understand that sometimes emergency situations arise and will try to accommodate your needs when space is available.
Bee Happy use Scopay for all online payments. If you don't have a Scopay account, please ask Pauline who will issue you with a Scopay registration form with a unique code for your child.
Cash payments are accepted for one off bookings and these can be given to either the office or Bee Happy.